Jump to content
National Autistic Society
Further organisations & resources
Limpsfield Grange School Books
Books by autistic women
University of Kent resources/projects
- So, You’re Autistic: a support programme for autistic University of Kent students (diagnosed and undiagnosed). This site also provides autistic people and those close to them resources on all things autistic.
- Understanding Autism – a free online autism course from the Tizard Centre, University of Kent. It is run several times each year.
Key & Recent Books and Articles on Autism and Gender
- Girls and Autism: Educational, Family and Personal Perspectives: Carpenter, B & Happe, F& (2019). London: Routledge
- Spectrum Women: walking to the Beat of Autism: Cook, B & Garnett, M. (2018), Jessica Kingsley
- Nerdy, Shy and Socially inappropriate: a user Guide to an Asperger Life,: Kim, C (201) Jessica Kingsley
- A Guide to Mental Health Issues in Girls and Young Women on the Autism Spectrum: Diagnosis, Intervention and Family Support: Eaton, J (2017) , Jessica Kingsley
- Women and Girls with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Hendricks, S (2015) , Jessica Kingsley
- Gender Identity, Sexuality and Autism: Voices from across the Spectrum: Mendes, E& Maroney, M. (2019) , London: Jessica Kingsley
- AsperGirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome: Simone, R (2010), Jessica Kingsley